Re: A Few Standard Folders [Re: Structure in $HOME]

And who has to set the GConf key? (Serious question, not trying to throw
stones) Is your suggstion that to get a localised desktop, non-English
speakers are expected to go set 5 or 6 "folder names" to be folder names
in their native language rather than English? Or would they
automatically be set this way if you login for the very first time in a
non-English locale? Or would they automatically get set whenever you
login to a non-English locale?

Setting 5 or 6 folder names per person to get a desktop in my native
language is 5 or 6 settings more than your basic English speaker (most
of whom customize nothing the first time they sit down at, say, Windows)
has to do to have a basically usable desktop. Is this preference really
that special?

-Seth