Re: A Few Standard Folders [Re: Structure in $HOME]

On 14 Jan 2003, Andrew Sobala wrote:

> Date: 14 Jan 2003 15:12:35 +0000
> From: Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>
> To: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
> Cc: Rodney Dawes <dobey free fr>, Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>,
>      Claes Holmerson <claes it-slav net>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: A Few Standard Folders [Re: Structure in $HOME]
>
> You could give the option on "First login" of setting it up - which
> could be as simple as:

Too many questions!
You could avoid asking and just set it up automatically for everyone
and those who dont want it can turn it off.  (back me up on this please
Havoc)
Most ordinary people wont want to turn it off*, even if many people in
this forum might want to turn it off.  (assuming it is done right, and i
know i should not make sweeping generalisations).

Later
Alan