Re: adding dead space to floating panels

> > Perhaps a better approach would be to popup a dial-up dialog whenever a
> > user tries to access remote content and no internet connection is
> > detected (oh and assuming the computer has a modem installed). i believe
> > windows works this way.
>
> Well, it does if you want it to... personally I find it highly annoying
> and have the auto-dial feature turned off.  Otherwise all manner of

On a laptop that sometimes has a network (possibly differnt networks and
differnt types of network connections) and sometimes does not these
connectivity issues get really really annoying.
It would be hard to this kind of thing exactly right, but better i
mention i now rather after someone goes making big changes.

Later
Alan H.