Cleaning Up gnome-desktop/pixmaps

I've taken a look at gnome-desktop/pixmaps and have started to clean it
up. I've moved ten icons that are used in the menus to gnome-icon-theme,
added a new gnome-accessories icon, and replaced the old
logout and lock screen icons with some sexy ones provided by jimmac.

But there's still quite a few left to sort out. I'm gonna try my best
to get them done, but if anyone would like to help ;) Also I want to
make sure that I don't remove any important icons.

Control Center icons:
gnome-ccmime  --- needs to be repaced
gnome-ccthemes -- needs to be renamed to gnome-themes
gnome-session
gnome-cckeyboard-bell
gnome-cckeyboard

Should I move these to g-i-t as well or should they be moved to the
control center module?

-!-!-

Move to appropriate app modules:
gnome-monitor
gnome-log
gnome-set-time
gnome-calc3

I think that these ones are still used by apps and so should be
moved to their respective app modules. Anyone want to claim them
or point me to where to put them?

-!-!-

To be removed:
gnome-home
gnome-aorta
gnome-applets
gnome-background
gnome-calc2
gnome-calendar
gnome-ccbackground
gnome-ccdialog
gnome-ccdesktop
gnome-ccperiph
gnome-ccscreensaver
gnome-cc-windowmanager
gnome-color-browser
gnome-color-xterm
gnome-computer
gnome-cronmagon
gnome-day
gnome-debian
gnome-diskfree
gnome-emacs
gnome-eterm
gnome-favorites
gnome-file-c
gnome-file-h
gnome-folder
gnome-gemvt
gnome-gimp
gnome-gmenu
gnome-gmush
gnome-gnomoku
gnome-image-gif
gnome-image-jpeg
gnome-irc
gnome-mailcheck
gnome-mdi
gnome-mnemnoic
gnome-modem
gnome-money
gnome-month
gnome-mouse
gnome-news
gnome-note
gnome-qeye
gnome-spider
gnome-squeak
gnome-suse
gnome-talk
gnome-term-linux*
gnome-term
gnomer-term-tiger
gnome-touristinfo
gnome-user-interface
gnome-util
gnome-week
gnome-windows
gnome-word
gnome-workspace
gnome-xterm
gtkvim
kterm
launcher-program
monitor
sourceforge

These icons are all unused AFAICT (correct me if I'm wrong)
and are largely left over from the 1.x days and really aren't
very nice.

In the long run we want to add some icons for use with custom
launchers but these ones aren't really useful in that regard
and so should be removed IMHO. If no-one objects I'll do this
over the weekend. They'll still be avaliable in the cvs history
if anyone wants to use them, right?

-!-!-

New icons needed in icon-theme/48x48/apps:
gnome-office
gnome-other

These should replace the old gnome-applications icon.
I'm going to browse jimmac's site for icons to use for these
as well as to replace some other older icons like gnome-games
and gnome-graphics and gnome-globe.

-!-!-

We have some really great icons at our disposal - lets try and make sure
we use them for 2.4 and beyond

Later

--
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>