Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 18:30, Rafal Hajdacki wrote:
> W liƛcie z wto, 04-03-2003, godz. 23:51, Christian Fredrik Kalager
>
> Schaller pisze:
> > Well since it look like GNOME and KDE will share libraries in the
> > accessibility and multimedia area
>
> You mean KDE will use GStreamer?

Nope.

> Is that right?

No, it's not.

> I thought KDE developers didn't really like gobject
> like api of GST.

We don't like it, but Tim Jansen wrote KDE bindings for GStreamer which
are simply beautiful thanks to which we _consider_ GStreamer as an
option for KDE 4 (strong emphasis on "consider" as it's only that -
considering - no decision has been reached as of yet)

Zack

--
The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering
iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.