Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 19:58, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 13:37, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > yes, you have, thanks to the GPL/LGPL, you can freely use ORBit2 for
> > whatever you want. I'm not saying that CORBA is The Solution for all,
> > but maybe, given the huge improvements done in ORBit2, it might be a
> > thing to consider instead of just saying "we don't use CORBA".
>
> heh, you don't really believe what you're saying are you? You just said
> that we should adopt ORBit2 with GObject, GModule and linc because it
> uses CORBA...

Well since it look like GNOME and KDE will share libraries in the
accessibility and multimedia area, libraries which today use glib,
I don't see why ORBit2's glib usage is an issue. That said I do
understand that getting KDE using CORBA is probably a lost cause, but I
am just tired of hearing glib brought up as a problem everytime code
sharing is discussed because at this point that should be a non-issue.

Christian