Re: KDE Interop [Was: D-BUS background]

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 13:37, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> yes, you have, thanks to the GPL/LGPL, you can freely use ORBit2 for
> whatever you want. I'm not saying that CORBA is The Solution for all,
> but maybe, given the huge improvements done in ORBit2, it might be a
> thing to consider instead of just saying "we don't use CORBA".

heh, you don't really believe what you're saying are you? You just said
that we should adopt ORBit2 with GObject, GModule and linc because it
uses CORBA...
Sorry, I won't be a part of this discussion, you are of course free to
work on that solution just as DBus developers are free to work on
theirs. You can be sure that if you actually do make it work, we will
judge it on the base of its technical merits only, but if you think
that I, or most probably any other KDE developer, will work on adopting
ORBit2 in KDE then I'm sorry but you're up for a rude awakening.
We judge software based on its technical merits only. The fact that A is
a standard and project B uses it and project C optimized the hell of it
don't make a damn difference if solution D is simply overly better.
Sure, we are willing to stretch and work on something that would solve
some problem, in this case global ipc, but we are simply not going to
adopt core GNOME technologies to KDE to achieve that (in the same way
that you're unwilling to do the opposite)

Thanks,
Zack

--
A program is a device used to convert data into error messages.