changes to gnome-panel HEAD

Hey,
	So I've just merged the branch I was working on to gnome-panel HEAD. Be
warned, its a big patch which is known to be fairly broken but
dogfoodable and could well be a lot more broken than that. Most people
probably want to stick with the gnome-2-2 branch for the moment.

	If you do test it out, please let me know ASAP if it doesn't build for
you or is completely unusable. Any other issues please log to bugzilla
indicating that you're using HEAD. I'll be logging known issues to
bugzilla soon and will post the list here so you may want to wait a
while before logging bugs.

Thanks,
Mark.