Re: RandR support in GNOME

Hi Jonathan,

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 09:49, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie> writes:

> Anders wrote most of a dialog to do this, and it could prolly be gotten
> into CVS.  Also, the 'xrandr' command works well too.  I had two
> issues with it:
>
>  * It's not clear to me where best to store this value.  It can be
>    stored in GConf, but it seems to be a per-display value more than
>    anything.  It clearly doesn't make sense w/ a multi-HEAD setup.
>
>  * What's the life-cycle of the setting?  Per session?  If I log out and
>    log back in, should g-s-d reset it?  What if I log into a different
>    machine?

	Yep, none of that is obvious. I asked similar questions in #94702 and
Jim suggested it might be a function of the display manager - i.e. on
login gdm could restore the settings using ...

> Mark, how do you plan to have the panel handle different resolutions
> in the future?

	I'm not sure I understand the question. If you mean have the panel
handle changes in the screen size - it does that already.

Good Luck,
Mark.