Re: [Usability]Notification Area guidelines

> Additionally, a lot of "always there" icons the user might not
> necesarily want to always be there, or can't always be there.  What if
> the user logs in on several different machines with an NFS mounted home
> dir, and some of those machines have randr and some don't - that icon
> should only appear when the extension is available.  Doing this with an
> applet is sketchy at best, and a warty UI pain in the ass at worst.

If RANDR is what I think it is, it shouldn't be an applet or a
notification icon. Shouldn't it just be inside the control-center, and
quickly accessible by right-clicking on the desktop?

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
| loban earthling net, loban caltech edu,  http://loban.caltech.edu |