Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

Hi,

Le jeu 13/03/2003 à 20:03, Luis Villa a écrit :
> I've put up GEP 10, Standards for Inclusion in the GNOME , as well as
> GEP 11, Module List for 2.4.
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/gep/gep-10.html
> http://developer.gnome.org/gep/gep-11.html

Apps that would be interesting, in my opinion, for a more complete and
coherent desktop.

1- Multimedia applications because gnome 2.2 as only a CD player.
rhythmbox (music organizer), gst-player (generic media player, MP3,
mpeg, DVD). Both use the same framework gstreamer (used also by the CD
player). But those applications need to be more mature.

2- magicdev from Redhat distro. It is a gnome 2 application, using glade
and gconf, and have a simple property window. The user can choose the
application to launch automatically when inserting a music CD, a DVD, a
data CD. Should be in the control center package.

3- A gtk2/gnome window to replace the default xscreensaver lock window
(add coherence to the desktop).

4- Network and administration tools but probably this will be done when
gnome-network and gnome-system-tools will be mature.

Thanks

--
Jean-Michel Ardantz <jmardantz ifrance com>

GRAND JEU SMS : Pour gagner un NOKIA 7650, envoyez le mot IF au 61321
(prix d'un SMS + 0.35 euro). Un SMS vous dira si vous avez gagné.
Règlement : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/sign.sms