Re: Run dialog & gnomesu

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 19:08, MArk Finlay wrote:
> > Some list I don't know about (where?), or a general mental list?
>
> From havoc's "2.4 features to consider"
>
> "kill off remaining occasional need to run a whole session as root
>    in order to avoid the command line. e.g. an aspect of this is a way
>    to launch nautilus in "root mode" (and be sure it's sane for that,
>    e.g. doesn't leave metadata files in system directories). right now
>    to manage files as root graphically you have to start a root
>    session. Then, configure gdm to disallow root login by default."
>
> I assume it would have to extend to the menus/run dialog too to be
> useful?

Ah, I forgot about that. Of course, someone needs to actually sit down
and write the code for any of these to actually happen.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"If we eventually have the ubercool component system - based on Bonobo, or
something else - then great, we can then proxy it over IIOP, D-BUS, SOAP,
and morse code." -- hp