RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gpdf

Hi Jaka,

Am Mon, 2003-05-05 um 23.03 schrieb Jaka Mocnik:
> I've changed ggv in HEAD to have a menu structure similar to those of
> gpdf and nautilus in order to embedd the gpdf component better. But to
> have gpdf viewer look really good when embedded in ggv shell, it would
> be sweet if gpdf component would use the same sidebar with the page list
> as ggv component does. Since its code is now in the ggv source tree,
> perhaps gpdf should depend on ggv and make use of it.

I'd prefer a ``development-time'' dependency like with libegg, i.e. some
update-from-ggv.sh which copies the relevant files (essentially 2 .h and
2 .c files, maybe a third .h for constants) into the gpdf tree. Changes
to them are only allowed in the ggv tree.

>  In the process, we
> could improve the page list to support document hierarchy and page
> previews, similarly to that of acrobat reader.

Yes, otherwise (meaning: implement them from scratch, in addition to the
page list) it wouldn't make much sense to use the sidebar in gpdf.

Regards
	Martin