Re: Panel behaviour under Xinerama

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 15:08, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
> I guess that would mean that panels span screens by default, and panel
> objects snap to the Xinerama edges, so you never have one straddling the
> edge. Thoughts?

Not sure what you mean; if panels do span screens by default that means
panels straddly Xinerama edges.

To do otherwise (that is, not to treat the Xinerama display as a single
GdkScreen) would subvert the concept of Xinerama.  I think that would be
a bad idea; default is that no attention is paid to the "xinerama-ness"
of the display.  That's the way Xinerama is supposed to work :-)

- Bill