Re: My (ongoing) analysis of the proposed modules

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 09:26:44PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:

> | gnomemeeting
> [yes]
>
> Jeff covers this very thoroughly, and I agree completely with his
> assessment.

I'll start with the standard disclaimer that gnome-meeting is great.

However, I disagree with including it in the primary set of modules.
In my opinion the rationale put forward to date applies just as well
to evolution or other higher level applications.  If we need meeting
software as a primary tool, the same would certainly hold true for
address books, and email.  For other users a spreadsheet is a
critical application,  yet I would certainly not advocate that we
move Gnumeric into the core.

Yes gnome-meeting a very useful, but I'd rather see it in 5th toe or
gnome-office.