Re: Deleting special desktop objects

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 04:55:40PM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 21:28, Alexander Larsson wrote:
>
> > > Is there any reason why someone would ever want to delete [the
> > > Home and Trash desktop icons]?
> >
> > Well, we got a beeelion requests for it, so there must be.
>
> (Mostly from people who want to run with $HOME as their desktop, I would
> guess.)

Also from folks like me: I don't want Nautilus to manage my desktop
and have disabled this behavior, but I do occasionally want to use
Nautilus for its capabilities as a GUI file manager.

This is also the reason that I'd like to keep the "Home folder" item
in the main menu -- I don't have a home folder Nautilus icon on my
desktop to click on, but would like to be able to fire up a copy of
Nautilus without having to type "nautilus &" at the command line.

-- John Kodis, flagrant desktop orthodoxy heretic.