Re: spatial stuff detail

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 07:58, Michele Campeotto wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 14:24, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > OS X doesn't have a central help system or a central configuration
> > system, and they don't put get the applications in the path, so we
> > clearly can't look to them for solutions.  How did you handle these
> > sorts of things?
>
>   Surely it does:
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/SystemOverview/AppPackaging/chapter_6_section_5.html

Allow me to clarify.  OS X has a central help *viewer*.  It also has a
central location into which help file *can* be put for them to be picked
up by the system.  But general application help is always bundled in the
appdir, not in the central help location.

When applications want to display their help files, they call the help
viewer on the appropriate file in their appdir.  But the help viewer
itself has no prior knowledge of these.  So you can't just open up the
help viewer and browse or search all of the documentation for all of the
applications on your system.

--
Shaun