Re: GNOME DB's (Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8)

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 21:07 -0700, Bob Smith wrote:

> 4. On GNOME-DB. I would really like to see this used, but no offense to
> the hard workers on the GNOME-DB team, but when is it going to be ready
> for real use?

it's already in 1.0.3 version, being used in many applications
(http://www.gnome-db.org/apps.php) for years now.

>  I've been watching it from time to time ever since it
> started. I tried it again today. It still doesn't work reliably. The
> project shows great promise, but seems to be making little progress in
> the many years its been in development. (Please prove me wrong. :)

maybe you're talking about the GUI application (now called Mergeant).
That one has suffered from many rewritings and is not yet ready for
daily use. We expect to have it ready by the end of this year,
hopefully.

But the libraries (libgda and libgnomedb) are for sure ready for being
used.

cheers