Re: patch to gnome-session: smooth fade on logout

<quote who="Ross Burton">

> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 14:50, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > JDS has a different 'fade on logout' effect from community GNOME too,
> > > btw... Matt wrote it IIRC.  Perhaps he could forward you that patch
> > > too, and you can decide which one is more suitable for inclusion...
> >
> > Was this 'fade on logout' patch of particular commercial or
> > brand-oriented importance that it couldn't be sent upstream previously?
>
> Possibly it contains Sun-patented algorithms.  Mechanism For Fading An
> Arbitrary Pixbuf To A Specified Colour or something.

Hmm. Probably a cross-licenced Microsoft innovation or two in there. If so,
a wise decision to leave it off the community agenda for now. Good show.

- Jeff

     "I don't even understand offside so I'm not likely to understand a
                 Manchester United contract." - Posh Spice