Re: Gnome File chooser complains

Selecting a folder and typing "delete" should remove it, and you should
be able to add directories by dragging them there from the list on the
right.

Drag and drop should definitely work.  Typing out commands should _NOT_.
Aside from that being 100% non-discoverable, there's also the problem
that type-ahead find (a requested feature, and something I believe it
already partially implemented) for a file named 'delete' (yes, I have
some) would do something evil.  And there's no reason to delete a file
in the file chooser.  The file chooser is for choosing files.  If you
want to manage your files, use a file manager.

I think he means to press the delete key in the keyboard. And yes, people tend to delete files in file choosers. Sometimes we open a file and find another which can be deleted. Why to open nautilus and search again for that file to delete it?

Cheers,
Alberto

And why I can't reorder them...?

Bug/missing features.  There's already a bug filed about this, iirc.

Andreas