Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 13:54, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> We should still have an explicit configuration utility.  I quite often
> have cases where there is DHCP, but I don't want to use it - I want use
> my own static IP address.  Especially useful during debugging or setting
> up a new machine.

Both of which are admin (and perhaps advanced-home-user-acting-as-admin)
use cases. Back to my point about properly defining the target audience,
and ensuring we have the right UI for each one. Which probably means
multiple UIs, each with a clearly specified role/target.

Havoc