Re: Where can I find "netapplet"?

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 17:53 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 08:46 +0200, David Eriksson wrote:
> > I think that this look just wonderful:
> >
> >   http://nat.org/2004/august/netapplet.png
> >
> > Some web surfing makes me suspect that this only exist in-house at
> > Novell, but if it does not, where can I find it?
>
> We put it up here:
>
>         http://primates.ximian.com/~rml/netapplet/
>
> It's very SUSE specific at this point.  We'd like it to be more generic
> at some point in the future, but we just don't have the time to do it

Looks like replacing the init script, and the calls to "/sbin/getcfg..."
would be enough to port it to a Red Hat based distro. But that's 5
minutes of looking at the code.

> right now.  That's also the reason why it's not in GNOME CVS right now;
> we don't have much time to review and apply patches, and I don't want to
> do anything that'll heavily destablize the tree.
>
> All that said, it's extremely helpful for laptop users.

At least importing the code to CVS, and adding a bugzilla component
would help people wanting to fix bugs for the SUSE specific problems,
and keeping track of patches for other distros.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Almost every day, this pack of Gorillas would come and kick my ass. --
Mark Wahlberg