Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 22:42 +0000, Jamie McCracken wrote:

> Ubuntu and FC3 do (hence use of my term *modern* distros as opposed to
> the more traditional ones you mentioned).
>
> I dont know about novel's desktop but you get the picture - *modern*
> distros are heading towards having firefox as default on Gnome and its
> only a matter of time until the not so modern distros do likewise so we
> cant rely on having an exclusively Gnome world anymore.

As the one who had the final decision on the FC3 default, my view is
that GNOME should place the burden on Firefox to sync with GNOME
guidelines and platform behavior. This is something the Firefox team has
said they will try to do - the extra work is of their own making since
Epiphany already has this done.

Havoc