Re: Translations of folder names - two proposals

Jamie,

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Jamie McCracken wrote:

Ubuntu and FC3 do (hence use of my term *modern* distros as opposed to
the more traditional ones you mentioned).

I don't know where you get the idea that Mandrakelinux isn't a "modern", distro, but you're wrong.

I dont know about novel's desktop but you get the picture - *modern*
distros are heading towards having firefox as default on Gnome and its
only a matter of time until the not so modern distros do likewise so we
cant rely on having an exclusively Gnome world anymore.

Sure, Firefox is a fine browser, no doubt about it. But the hype surrounding it will die off sooner or later. We really should consider which is more important: having the latest whiz-bang firefox extensions directly at your disposal, or simply being able to browse the web with a GNOME-integrated, HIG compliant and translation-consistent browser.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen

==  Europa zonder softwarepatenten! == www.nosoftwarepatents.com ==