Re: Use of American/British English (was Re: request for string addition)

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:53:17AM +0800, Abel Cheung wrote:
> On 2004-02-23(Mon) 17:20:33 +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
>
> > Furthermore I believe more developers know how to spell British English,
> > as this is what normally is taught in school all over Europe, India,
> > Australia, Canada and other places. I think US english is only taught in
> > the USA. Maybe also in Mexico, South America and Japan?
> > What is taught in China?
>
> British english too, though the difference between British and American
> english will be mentioned sometimes.

Well, in Denmark we are also taught some differences between British and
US English, but the main line is British English. We are not taught
anything about other kinds of English, such as Canadian. Well, we do
know that the Aussies say Gdday mate, and some Scottish. But very little
is taught on other Englishes.

Best regards
Keld