Re: Proposed: Rhythmbox

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 07:15:27AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Eugenia Loli-Queru">
>
> > I understand your point, however RB does things that Totem can't, in regards
> > to playlists, radio station management etc, it is really geared towards
> > music and music management, while Totem is mostly towards video playback
> > (while it can of course play music as well).
>
> (That is precisely the reason why Totem may be more appropriate for
> inclusion in the basic Desktop release - providing sound, music and video
> playing - where Rhythmbox has a more specific task, and may be more
> appropriate for a separate multimedia release.)

The thing is, in the end aren't the distros going to bundle a video
player, music player, etc in with their own packages anyway?  They'd be
silly not to IMHO.  If I buy FooLinux (as j random user) and it doesn't
include a way to play mp3s and movies, I'm going to take it back and
complain!

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain