Re: Proposed: gDesklets

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 00:47, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> gDesklets
> ---------
>
> I think the gDesklets are really cool as extra utilities, and if I had
> enough time left over to handle a geektoys release, it would be one of the
> first modules in it. But I don't think gDesklets is right for the Desktop
> release. We have a fair bit of conceptual confusion between applets, desktop
> icons (for files, executables and links), and so on - perhaps once someone
> has sat down and figured some of this stuff out, we'd be more clear on what
> we want to get out of the various functions.
>
> Interesting extra dependencies: python, pygtk and friends
>

> Further discussion goes HERE! :-)

gDesklets has no user documentation, though it does have a man page.
This is a bit of a special case, as one would really want documentation
for each particular desklet one is running.  (However, there isn't any
documentation for the default desklets.)  If this were included, we
would probably want to document its functionality in the User Guide.
Then we would have individual documentation for each desktop.  This is
what we do for the panel and panel applets.

--
Shaun