Re: PATCH keyword, again

<quote who="Murray Cumming Comneon com">

> In summary, I believe that the neglected-patches problem is a major
> obstacle to contributing to GNOME. I believe that co-maintainers are the
> answer, and I think that we (the community/foundation board) should maybe
> declare that all modules should have >1 maintainer. Single points of
> failure are bad.

We, particularly the Foundation Board (who have *nothing* to do with this at
all), can not impose this kind of arbitrary decision on maintainers. We can
encourage it, we can say that it's a good idea, etc., etc., but we can't
enforce or impose it.

(Personally, I don't even think it makes sense for every module. It's a nice
idea, but we should deal with problems as they arise, and maintainers should
be the people making the decisions about how to maintain their modules.)

- Jeff

                "What inspired you to become a bus driver?"
                             "Linus Torvalds."