Re: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 01:45, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > Well, the problem isn't as serious really as described.  Distributions are
> > going to add evolution themselves.  Just because we don't have it as
> > official doesn't mean it won't be in there.
>
> Slackware doesn't include it for political(!) and technical reasons (however
> I know that Pat would include it if it was part of Gnome). FreeBSD won't
> include it either if it ain't part of Gnome AFAIK. It hasn't do so so far
> and I don't see any reason why they would start doing so now..

We are not responsible for the bizarre logic of distros, and I find
these statements so bizarre that I seriously doubt it even though I am
clueless about those particular distros. Distros in general ship what
they want, regardless of whether it's on the GNOME release schedule.

--
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>