Re: Proposed: cantus

A Seg, 2004-07-19 às 11:10, Davyd Madeley escreveu:
> On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 11:02 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > >
> > >   cantus is a free, GTK2-based audio tagging application.
> >
> > Against...
> > Doesn't fit in with the multimedia frameworks we already have, doesn't
> > fit in the desktop itself, and it's far from "easy to use".
> >
> > I have nothing against cantus itself, as I would and do use it, but it's
> > not a desktop application (I mean, we don't have a movie or a music
> > player in the desktop yet).
>
> Bastien has outlined exactly what I thought. I feel this sort of
> functionality belongs integrated into Rhythmbox (or other such
> application). (Which I hope to see in the desktop in the future, btw)

  IMHO, the functionality should be integrated in Nautilus, not RB.  It
should be represented as a file property page in nautilus, with entries
listing the mp3/vorbis tags and allowing the user to change these tags.
Maybe with a button to make a muscbraiz lookup... that would be very
nice.. although perhaps a bit too much.

> DISCLAIMER: I have not actually tried Cantus, these are just the
> impressions I got looking at the website.

  Me too :-P

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic