Re: Proposed: cantus

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 12:10, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> I feel this sort of
> functionality belongs integrated into Rhythmbox (or other such
> application). (Which I hope to see in the desktop in the future, btw)

well...

imho it's the standard do-we-add-everything-into-one-app, or
one-app-for-one-thing. so this can be packed into rhythmbox, as well as
a video player and a web browser and so on ;).

cantus (and other program like him (i use easytag btw)) is a mass-tagger
app.

means you use it to organize the tags for your music collection.
some kind of simple tag editing would be certainly nice in rhythmbox,
but a mass tagger offers a lot more, like:

1. scan the filenames (and maybe the directory name), and based on a
regexp auto-fill the title (/author/whatever) tag of the mp3s
2. auto fill the track number tag based on the locale based ordering of
the files

imho these features should not be a part of rhythmbox or nautilus.

gabor