Re: Proposed: evolution

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 15:06, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Are you volunteering to build stable Gnome 2.6 packages for the distros
> on which we ship snapshots? There are not stable, supported-by-vendor
> distributions that include Gnome 2.6 from Mandrake, SuSE, or Red Hat,
> that I am aware of.

Hm, this feels like the question gets turned around.  It's not GNOME's
fault if for whatever reason Evolution is not using a new file
selector.  Everyone understands the resource issues and so on, but if
every other module gets judged on, among other things, the fact that it
uses the new file selector, I see no reason why Evolution would be an
exception.

If this was a criterium for 2.6, then I agree with Andrew it should also
be so for 2.8, and the burden is on the Evolution team to make sure that
it uses the new file selector, otherwise it's not integrated correctly
with the desktop.

(btw, I'd LOVE to see Evolution in the desktop.  So I'm hoping the evo
hackers realize this is an important blocker.)

Thomas

Put something real to me