Re: Important desktop-wide change (MIME)

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 20:28 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 20.07.2004, 12:56 -0400 schrieb Ray Strode:
> > I have been helping Jonathan Blandford and Dave Camp work on the new
> > MIME system for GNOME 2.8.
>
> Excellent news. How does it pick a default application for a particular
> MIME type
Default applications are specified in defaults.list as described in the
threads that starts here:

http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-July/004140.html
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-July/004194.html

If no default application is specified for a mime type, the
compatibility api will return the first application in it's mime-
type/app association list, and the new api will return NULL.

>  or do short listing? Will that API be deprecated?
Short listing will now return the complete list and the API will be
deprecated.

--Ray