Re: Proposed: gnome-keyring-manager

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 17:32:33 +1000, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> <quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> >   GNOME Keyring Manager is an application that manages user password
> >   keyrings (for gnome-keyring, included in GNOME 2.6).
>
> I'm a bit worried that g-k-m is very difficult to understand. I'm sure we
> can do better than this -> perhaps it needs another iteration of design work
> before t hits the Desktop release? Functionally, it's great, but I'd love
> to see the usability team tackle the use cases and come up with a rejigged
> design proposal.

More minor, but it also needs some basic HIG padding/packing/label/etc
cleanup. I'm sure this could be done in the 2.8 timeframe though
(though it doesn't use glad which'll make it that much harder,
*grump*).

More broadly, I don't really want to add an applications menu item for
"Keyring Manager". It would be good to figure out a standard way to
integrate this with keyring using applications? And perhaps the main
interface could just be a click away from the "Enter password for key"
dialog.

Also, its sort of bewildering when you first open this that it asks
you over and over for the password for different keyring items!

-Seth