Re: Proposed: evolution

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 03:35 +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
> --- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote: > <quote who="Sander Vesik">
> >
> > > no, this is rather the "lets put evolution in just beacuse its evolution,
> > > no matter how much it might differ from everything else, follow no rules
> > > for desktop modules or how much pain it will cause in the future by
> > > continuing on the same course" argument
> >
> > Dude, you have the wrong end of the stick here. The rationale is "Evolution
> > is a big module, has a bunch of existing issues, but is trying incredibly
> > hard to join the release process in a meaningful way" -> everything brought
> > up here (apart from the copyright assignment stuff, but including bugzilla
> > and filechooser issues) has been flagged as "to be done" in a reasonable
> > timeframe.
> >
> > None of this is intended to be a get-out-of-jail free card for Evolution in
> > the future. If anything, it means Evo will have much higher expectations and
> > attention in the next release process.
> >

> Not at all - its not just a "get out of jail" card, its a "get out of jail and never
> told" card.

Are there any specific issues hav sander?  I didn't realize the file
chooser would be such a large issue, but we're correcting that with
Carlos' help.  We want to transfer bugs to gnome bugzilla, just as we
moved the project website to gnome.org (and we've always put the sources
on gnome ftp).  We did not remove all traces of deprecated code due to
the testing considerations listed by Dan.  We spent a lot of time
getting HIG compliant this time around, we are matching the GNOME
release dates, we removed the "Ximian Evolution" branding and just
called the app Evolution.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>