Re: Proposed: evolution

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:44 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> (sorry for the delay, our email was buggered yesterday)
>
> On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 13:04 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > A long list of special waivers? Thus far it's:
> >
> >   * Evolution does not use the GTK+ 2.4 FileChooser, but the developers have
> >     noted that they are 100% willing to take a nicely #ifdefed patch before
> >     the 2.8 release.
>
> We have Carlos' patch for this and it will be in during the next day or
> two.  We do use GnomeFileEntry however, which is not deprecated and does
> not use the new file selector afaict.

IIRC there's a property that can be set per GnomeFileEntry to get it to
use the GtkFileChooser; the patch I've been using in Fedora Rawhide
fixes some of these; I'll send these upstream to evolution-patches after
Carlos' patch goes in.

<possible-crack>Alternatively, perhaps GnomeFileEntry could have a new
module-level function to make it always use GtkFileChooser for the
remainder of the lifetime of that executable?</possible-crack>

[snip]