Re: Request for late gcalctool feature inclusion in GNOME 2.7

Hi Michael,

>> It seems to me that actually doing the calculations typed into the
>> calculator correctly is not a feature but a bugfix.
>
> Agreed. But in this case I don't understand why the previous behaviour
> should be still an option:
> Shouldn't it just be replaced by the correct one?

This is certainly something that can be discussed, with the HCI folks
pitching in. I prefer the "previous behaviour" because it was the way
calculators worked when I was a young bloke. It's also the way that the
Windows calculator works now in Basic mode, so presumably Microsoft
considers that it's useful to a range of folks too.