Re: [fdo] Re: On translation regressions due to freedesktop.org dependencies

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 15:57 +0200, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> tir, 27,.07.2004 kl. 11.32 +0200, skrev Reinout van Schouwen:
> > On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >
> > > At this stage, I'm thinking an overlay module would be the best
> > > solution. Can any of the translators (or developers, or anyone) comment
> > > on whether I'm just really stupid or if this is actually a good idea?
> >
> > FWIW: for my Mandrakesoft translations I can check out & commit to a
> > 'virtual' /po module which contains all translations. This works fine
> > for me; in my opinion it would be worth trying for fd.o.
> >
> This is the same way that Fedora/Red Hat have done translations. There's
> a metamodule called "translate" that contains the po/ directories for
> all projects that need attention from translators. They also have some
> kind of ACL set up that checks whether the person commiting has
> permission to do changes to the language in question. Maybe someone from
> Red Hat can chime in here with more info?

We don't have all modules with the same branches. That will only work if
we branch all modules just after a release so we could get a translation
module from the gnome-2-6 branch with all translations for GNOME 2.6.
But that will not work with gtk/glib/pango. I don't see as an easy
solution for GNOME or other projects with different branches.

Cheers.