Re: Metacity Proposal: Grouping Windows

The one thing that I'd like to request be considered if some feature like
this is added is to please add a command line API to the mechanism.

A command line API would allow a user to indicate to the session
management software that at next login, the particular groupings be
reestablished.  If a person frequently uses the same combination of
applications together to achieve a particular aspect of their job,
having the ability to create the grouping of applications at login, or
at least by the issuance of one command, would make it easier to get
past the details and get on with the work to be done.
--
Tcl - The glue of a new generation.  <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ >
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden cas org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>