Re: Gnome 3 [Was: Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology]

Hey,

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 13:21, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 12:29 +0100, jamie wrote:

> > For Gnome 3, the options increase to having C and Mono (with the Python
> > in 2.8 running on Mono).
>
> You keep referring to GNOME 3; presumably, this is version (GNOME 2.8) +
> 1.
>
> I don't speak for the release team here, or community consensus, but we
> may not be bumping the major version quite yet. I don't think we know
> what GNOME 3 is going to contain, or whether we'll be ready for it in a
> year from now.

	Absolutely. I think the consensus we've always had will be that GNOME 3
will be the release that we're willing to break API/ABI compatibility
and remove deprecated libraries etc.

	I don't think there's ever been any question that the release after 2.8
will be 2.10 ...

Cheers,
Mark.