RE: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktoptechnology

I´m sorry to be butting in but I think there is an other possibility that
shouldn't be ignored:
Currently Mono can use java by making stubs to make class files to be
converted or used by Mono.
But what if these weren't stub's but a full implementation of Gtk# in java .
We could have a chose of which JIT to use. The sun, ibm, gcj, kaffe or Mono.
Then you could use Mono for extra functionality with C# apps or java
runtime  if you are sun and trying to sell Java Desktop.

This would add an extra dependency for Mono, to include Classpath and IKVM.

Olafur Arason.