Re: GNOME 2.8: Scripting

On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 15:28 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> On Llu, 2004-03-29 at 14:31, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Well, at-spi will continue to exist, I think it's probably the right
> > level of interfaces for most scripting. The IPC channel it's going over
> > isn't exposed directly so you could code to it without wasting time.
>
> Having played with REXX on OS/2 I definitely agree that at-spi is the
> right layer. It might want some helper library but that helper library
> if needed would also improve ease of writing accessibility tools.

ok, then excuse my ignorance, but how does scripting with at-spi look
like? I mean, if I'm not wrong, at-spi allows you to access the
individual widgets on a given application, to set / get their values, or
simulate actions (key presses, etc). But, I can't see how this could
help in doing high-level scripting, like the example of Evolution's
sendMail method I mentioned before.

cheers