Re: What you all say...

From: jamie <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>

> My sum up would be
>
> JVM :
>  Official version closed source and therefore unavailable
>  open source versions available but not certified/approved

>Mono :
> Already functional and almost complete - should be ready for Gnome 3
> Supports multiple languages - Java and Python languages currently under
>development

So if Java and Python languages are "under development", then what languages
are currently "functional and almost complete"?

Also note that one thing missing from the comparison is "proven in the field"
- I read of products written in Java being sold, companies deploying systems
in Java, etc.  How widely used is Mono on GNU/Linux ?