Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 18:51, George Farris wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 08:39, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> > a reasonable alternative to nautilus, sticking with GNOME 2.4 we have a
> > `nautilus' that is crashing every half hour.
> >
> Eh?  I've used 2.4 on for many months and Nautilus certainly does not
> crash every half our in fact I hardly ever see it crash and I use it on
> a daily basis.

On my home machine it is also quite stable. But of course there isn't
much happening on it file wise. On my machine at work (and in fact on
most of our machines there) it crashes regularly. Every half hour may be
exaggerated, but while I am working on the machine it is more often than
every hour. Essentially only evolution is worse.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences