Re: jhbuilding was: Proposed Module Request, Request

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 01:29 +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:27:21 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 23:25 +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> >
> >> Has anyone had any success completing a jhbuild of gnome 2.10? I've
> >> spent a week on and off attempting to do so; are there any special
> >> tricks? Is there a secret list where people are flinging patches to
> >> fix build issues, etc.?
> >
> > For what it is worth, I'm jhbuilding 2.10 /constantly/ here:
> >
> > http://gnome-build.ximian.com/tinderbox/LATEST/
> >
> > and it has mostly been successful- logs are here:
>
> Ahh, many thanks. Now at least I have a reference to see what a successful
> build is and may need. libxklavier has been problematic for me especially.

libxklavier was the last one I needed to totally rm -rf; make clean was
not sufficient. (I think that is all jhbuild --clean does.)

> > http://gnome-build.ximian.com/tinderbox/
> >
> > (Sadly, no top-level green/red data yet.)
>
> I've been thinking an 'orange' on the top-level for when jhbuild
> colourizes things in the logfile but not the stage as red might also be
> useful.

Personally all I care about ATM is total build failures, but I can see
your point.

> > * clean checkouts v. stale checkouts- some modules have funkiness in
> > 'cvs up' and need to be rm -rf'd and jhbuild buildone-d from scratch to
> > get them to build sometimes. (The tinderbox /always/ rm -rf and builds
> > from scratch; I could maybe set up one that does not do that and catches
> > those problems.)
>
> Ahh, okay so it isn't just me then.  My tinderbox is already doing that
> (i.e. nothing special, just jhbuild --clean ....), perhaps my logs can
> save you some effort <URL: http://caliban.kumria.com/~anand/gnome-tinder/>

Looking at your most recent failure, are you turning off gtk-doc? Also,
your xklavier problems (offhand) look maybe like a lack of Xfree devel
packages.

Luis