Re: GNOME 2.10 module proposal: libnotify and notification-daemon

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 08:13:21PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Christian Hammond">
>
> > > (That said, I agree with the dbus activation stuff, and hope we hear
> > > from Ray about his plans soon.)
> >
> > The activation stuff is something that happens now, for free.
>
> Mmm, but Ray's plans for session management foo are just plans.

Yes, but D-BUS has activation support. It has for a while. You create
a tiny service definition file that lives in a directory, and D-BUS
will automatically launch the daemon when the service is needed. This
is exactly how we launch both notification-daemon and galago-daemon.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 gnupdate org      <>  http://galago.sourceforge.net/