Re: Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 07:47 +0100, G�r Farkas wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:

> so, what i am trying to say is:
> is the gstreamer backend now mature enough (or: is it as good as the
> xine one?)... because if still not, then imho it should wait until it
> is, before it becomes a part of gnome..

Well, I was wondering the same thing and decided to try totem with the
gstreamer backend, and I must say I'm really impressed, in general[1],
it works as well as the xine backend.

Congratulation to the totem/gstreamer hackers for their great work.

[1] The only bugs I could find were some problems with DVD playing (bug
reported) and the fact that now totem-video-thumnailer no longer
thumbnail anything [will check/report bug later].

Regards,
--
Ricardo Veguilla <veguilla hpcf upr edu>