Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

Hi All,

These are my feelings exactly, people always get sidetracked with side
issues (e.g. we should fix ALSA) but we have to realise that no one is
working on/fixing that stuff, polypaudio is here now, it works very well
(I've been using it for a few weeks, had no dramas) and we should look
at whether to adopt that to repalce esound or not, not whether theres
some option now, because the author of polypaudio has done a very good
job at writing this software, is very actively fixing it and open to
suggestions.

I'd be far more happier with someone who likes like a good maintainer,
open to ideas, takes patches, activately works on it, than some project
that obviously is not being actively developed (i.e. the alsa mixing
stuff) and doesn't have anyone as active as the author in this case.

In summary: I feel we should adopt it for GNOME 2.10, as long as it
complies with all the policies needed for that (and if it doesn't, the
author seems more than willing to fix the remaining issues).

My 2c.

Cheers,
Trent
Bur.st