Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 10:54 +0100, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> Anyway, all the above doesn't mean I necessarily agree with using
> alsa/dmix, there's some fundamental problems there as well. First off,
> there's Solaris, HP, BSD.

Right; but if all of GNOME uses GStreamer, we can let those systems use
whatever native means are provided, or esound or polypaudio or
whatever.

> I can't compare GStreamer's ding caching with polypaudio yet because I
> didn't see any code yet. ;).

Wouldn't you really want "GStreamer's ding caching" just to delegate to
whatever networked sound API is in use (polypaudio, esound, MAS...)?