Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

<quote who="Iain *">

> And they have JACK, which, as has been pointed out many times is not
> suited for a home desktop, and never will be.

Another option that has been canvassed is the idea of having the application
level sound daemon manage the connection with the system level JACK daemon.
Thus, you would have a complex pro-audio API and a simple bling-bling-audio
API. (This is something I'm seriously contemplating for Ubuntu.)

Certainly better than recommending ALSA or GStreamer as the preferred API
for everyone.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

        "We must be proactive, eternally vigilant, forever fighting,
             overwhelmingly clever and handsome." - Robert Love